10 Great Ways to Promote your Website in 2012
As always it is a good practice to review your website content on each page at the beginning of the year. Check your pages, prices and internal and external links are all correct, as well as ensure you have different meta descriptions and titles on every page.
- Use the free Google Insights tool to see whether the same keywords you were using last year are still on an upward trend, or whether other words have started to be used. You can also see which words are better for which states as some are more relevant to their local area.
- Take into consideration which keywords are getting you conversions as compared to just traffic and ensure you cover off those topics well enough on your website. Check your google analytics account to see which words your goal conversions are coming from, or even where your customers are dropping out of the goal funnel. Include these phrases as a heading on your purchasing pages and remember you can use the free Google keyword tool to see what you might be missing out on.
- Get your business a google+ page - so that you can create circles of business associates and expand your network. Originally you had to have a personal google+ account - however late in 2011 google launched the business page for google+. Secure your name now.
- If you haven't already - please Include your website in Google Places if you service local customers – ensure you complete as many fields as you can and upload an image.
- Advertising on linkedIn to match up to your local business people. If you haven't already set yourself up on linkedin - you should - see who in your contacts would be suitable to pass on some business or give you an introduction.
- Advertising on Facebook. These leads are interested because they clicked (however not as warm as search engine advertising), and they are targeted because you can choose very specific demographics.
- Review your sitemap – have you given the right pages the right weighting so that search engines come back at the right times.
- If possible create a video and get it onto YouTube, if you have time, create your own YouTube channel.
- Blogging is still really important and can give good relevant links back to your specific products. Guest blogging is also becoming more popular, so you may not have to write every day / week, if you can guest blog every now and then for another source.
- Conduct usability trials. Test your pages to ensure that your customers are doing what you expect them to do on your site – sit with a friend and give them an objective to achieve.
If you would like more information or need any help with the above marketing strategies. Please call or our sales team on 1800 677 656 or email@example.com